A man and a teenager are in custody and face murder charges in connection with the deaths of a teenager and a young child killed in a drive-by shooting in Fort Worth last month.
At approximately 2:15 p.m. on Sunday, August 28, Fort Worth police said they were called to a shooting at a home in the 8500 block of Steel Dust Drive. Officers arrived to find three victims with apparent gunshot wounds, including Jamarrien Monroe, 17, Rayschard Scott, 5, and an 18-month-old boy.
Monroe and Scott were hospitalized but did not survive their injuries. The 18-month-old, whose name has not been released, suffered minor injuries and was expected to survive.
During the initial stages of the investigation, Fort Worth police officials said an unknown number of individuals attended the home where they fired at a group of people in the front yard, hitting all three children.
Fort Worth police say homicide detectives, working with patrol officers, the fugitive unit and the US Marshal Service, arrested an unnamed 16-year-old boy and 21-year-old Anthony Ray Bell-Johnson in connection to the murders and that they are both facing capital murder charges.
The minor has not been named and it is unclear whether he will be tried as an adult. The minor’s name may be released if their case is removed from juvenile court.
It is unclear whether Bell-Johnson or the minor have obtained attorneys.
Adult capital murder convictions in Texas carry either an automatic life sentence without parole or the death penalty. Juveniles convicted of capital murder receive a life sentence with the possibility of parole.
Fort Worth police said the investigation is ongoing and more information will be released at a later date. Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call 817-392-4336 and reference case number 220068041.