FRAMINGHAM – The Town of Framingham launched the advertisement for a Records Access Officer today, January 14.
The Public Records Access Officer performs a wide range of activities related to the collection, review, and production of records, with a particular focus on compliance with the Massachusetts Public Records Act (MGL c. 66) and its related regulations.
The full-time position has a salary range of $54,000 to $70,000.
The essential functions of the Records Access Officer include:
Comply with the duties of a document access officer in accordance with the law on public documents;
• Respond to requests for public records in accordance with the Public Records Act by collecting relevant records, assessing legal issues and issuing responses;
• Maintain databases and tracking systems to provide accurate and up-to-date information on requests for public records; • Direct and facilitate appropriately certain requests made to the public records team;
• Performing redactions of documents in public archives exempt under (MGL c. 4, s. 7(26));
• Perform other document collection, review and production work as required and assigned;
• Assist with social media and provide back-up coverage for the Public Information Officer.
• Perform other duties as directed.
Applicants should have at least three years of full-time, or part-time equivalent, professional, administrative or managerial experience in business administration, business management or public administration, the main duties of which were in the management management, program administration, program coordination, program planning and/or program analysis, or any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
Applicants must also have a bachelor’s degree with a major in business administration, information technology, public administration, or a related field, or an equal combination of education and experience.
The candidate will demonstrate their ability to meet the requirements and deadlines under the Public Records Act. Communicate and coordinate effectively with divisions/departments to respond to a request, and organize all relevant documents related to a request.
The Records Access Officer reports to the Mayor’s Office and works closely with the Public Information Officer/Webmaster, usually establishes their own daily work plan; escalates questions or issues as necessary to supervisor.
To apply, visit the website: www.framinghamma.gov/jobs